The Code Club is a friendly Go programming club run by John Arundel (Bitfield Consulting). We meet twice a month and discuss various aspects of writing clean, testable and maintainable Go code. We spend around one hour doing a code-walkthrough discussing standard and external Go packages and modules.
If you are interested in joining the club, please contact Bitfield Consulting directly.
27.03.2021 Code Club: http.Get
- 00: 00 Obligatory first chapter
- 08:50 Unknown entry event
- 12:26 Why Go won’t catch on
- 17:48 The point of pointers
- 26:04 What’s that ‘nil’?
- 35:10 Deferring some func
- 54:20 Let’s declare some variables
- 55:40 Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey
- 1:05:50 The machinery machinery
The code that we discussed can be found here.
12.03.2021 Code Club: ZAP
- 00:00 Sugary loggers
- 07:32 What the “F”?
- 11:50 Parachuting in
- 13:35 We’re all right with not knowing
- 18:01 What if we’re on Mars?
- 22:54 Examples are documentary
- 27:49 Not a context
- 33:08 What the ‘if’?
- 39:13 Choose your own adventure
- 40:32 Pointers mumble mumble
- 42:36 Room to grow
- 46:12 1970s style loops
- 48:27 Assertive types
The code under discussion is here.